Monday, July 11, 2016

"Magelangan"- What is it?

"Magelangan"- What is it?

Hello all of the foodie lovers around the world! Do you like fried rice? I do love it so much. But..how about "Magelangan"? Have you tried it before? I will explain about Magelangan in this post. Hope you stay tune to read it up :)

Magelangan

Magelangan's other name is Nasi Mawut. The meaning of mawut in local language is mix everything you like. So, Magelangan is a kind of fried rice mixed with noodles, green vegetables, soy sauce, spices, spring onion (optional) and fried egg. It's usually served with some shrimp crackers too. I usually buy Magelangan in Burjo (Sundanese Stall). I can find Burjo in the some big cities as instance in Jogjakarta/Yogyakarta. I'm studying in there so Magelangan become one of my solutions to fulfill my appetite. The price is depends on where you buy it. It costs around IDR 10.000-14.000 (U$ 0.7-1). This is so affordable for me. 


The taste is a little bit sweet from sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) and salty from some spices. I like eating it with shrimp crackers. It gives super yummy taste. The good idea is when you eat Magelangan with crunchy fried egg on the edge and half-done egg yolk in the center. I ordered plain tea (sugarless tea) as a drink. 

How's your idea about Magelangan? Do you wanna give it a try?

See you soon on my next post :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment